Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Under Pressure

Tonight I was invited to sit in on an 8000 level graduate course. In order to sit, I had to agree (after a quick review of the syllabus) to commit to all of the required work.

The work includes one 8-10 page proposal, consistent participation on a class blog as well as a 20 page final paper.

I'm incredibly flattered that a former professor of mine would want me to join such a high-level course, to sit next to people who have put far more thought into their dissertations. I will be a bud amidst partially-bloomed flowers.

Thing is, all of this will be going on while a committee meets to decide whether or not I should be funded in my freshmen year of graduate school.

I'm nervous, but determined. I know I can own this. I plan on walking into that classroom Monday night and getting right down to business.

2 comments:

Steve Morozumi said...

wow. go for it! just do it! i'll be sending you good vibes! again, wow. :D-found your blog through people who are interested in twitter. that was fun to find your blog!

-Steve @ fluxlife

Amy Danger said...

Thank you for the good vibes, Steve! I will definitely keep everyone updated on how this venture pans out. :)