Sunday, January 11, 2009

The long and the short of it

I've never really been big on "resolutions," but I do love making lists. My desk at home is littered with post-it notes (a mini-obsession of mine.) Most of them have my monthly bill payments and writing ideas scribbled down - but a lot of them have lists of short-term and long-term goals. I create lists mostly because I seem to have inherited a shitty memory. I haven't done a drug in my life and yet I have to work extra hard to memorize things. It's wild - but, the harder the work the more rewarding the payoff, right? Right.

I have a couple lists that are important to me. I want to post them partly because I enjoy sharing several aspects of my life and also because this list is less likely to be lost in the chaotic battleground that is my desk.

To achieve by June 2009:

- Lose another 15 lbs (Which will take me to 150 lbs - a total of 55 lbs lost in 15 months)
- Eliminate three of the six credit card debts I currently pay down each month.
- Keep my savings account above $2,000
- Completely wean myself off of weekly comics. Limit myself to one new graphic novel a month
- Get the last two sessions in on my left and right sleeves.
- Become accustomed to drinking green tea
- Achieve the minimalism I'm content with. It's alright to wear the same two pairs of jeans, the same old hoodie and the same three lame tank tops all the time - having a ton of clothes is overrated.
- Never buy another t-shirt - I never wear them.


A more short-term list:

- Start strength training with my cardio, again.
- Buy a rice cooker
- Early to bed, early to rise. No more mid-morning naps
- Now that the PhD application strain is over - start reading nightly again
- Finish two chapters of my book before the end of February
- Get the Mac repaired. I miss it.
- Take advantage of the free cookbooks Rodale sent and start making dinner for Grandma for a change
- Get a hair trim

No comments: