Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"Simply the thing that I am shall make me live"

xmas

Merry Christmas, all.

In the season of giving - what is the greatest gift you've received? Was it draped in ribbon and finished with a bow? Or was it something in the air - someone's presence, perhaps? Was it a smile - or a hug - or the tingling you felt when weaving your fingers with another?

Personally - I've been given more gifts in the past few months than I feel I deserve. At times, I wonder how I was lucky enough to find myself on a path with so much potential for growth. Amidst many accomplishments, the greatest one remains finding something worth patience and an open mind - two things I lacked my entire life. I'll admit that at 25 years old, I feel like I'm breaking out of a very thick shell. It is this feeling that has left me stumped in many ways. Where I would be churning out extensive blogs - I stare at blank screens. Though I've maintained a steady research/writing schedule - it's not been the quality that I'm used to producing. I thought I was suffering a massive writer's block for the past few months, but I've come to understand that I'm emotionally overwhelmed - and for the first time in my life... I'm alright with that. It's simple - and that's ok, too.

I'm simple? Never. Friends and family, I'm certain, would disagree. Everyone around me - literally my entire life - has viewed me as this complex creature full of odd quirks and arguably inane pet-peeves. But recently, someone found something steady within me - something calm, and lacking maintenance. Yet again, the boat rocks. The brain labors to wrap itself around this conceptual oddity.

It really leaves me without words. Anything else - I can fill pages. This? I...

*sigh*

Whatever brought you happiness this holiday - I hope you continue to reap its rewards long into the future.

No comments: