Monday, November 17, 2008

Cheating death

24 hours ago I was kickin' it bed-rest style.  

Today, I'm struttin' around my room in a really cute outfit I put together - part of a tradition I developed for myself whenever I drop another 10 lbs.  It might sound ridiculous to you - valley girl-ish?  Cheesy?  Both A and B?  Probably, but I believe in rewarding myself when I feel particularly lovely about my health and my appearance.

Regardless - I'm not going to die anytime soon.  False alarm with the heart/chest pain business yesterday.  Back to your regular scheduled programming!  Errr... or mine?  Which consists of writing, researching, prepping for grad school, and dancing around my room to Phil Collins and Huey Lewis.  Either way - yesterday's brush with absolute fear has made me appreciate every day even more.

This is the face of a very grateful lady:

Photobucket

No comments: