Sunday, October 19, 2008

Give me the keys and I'll drive you crazy

A few times in my life people have asked me if I ever plan to write a memoire.  To this I reply silently with a look of confusion because frankly - why in the hell would I write a memoire?  What have I done that people would want to read about?  But, whatever - I gave up attempting to figure out the folks I pal around with a long time ago - collectively, we're all a few picnics shy of a happy childhood. 

If I ever do publish a few things - or become a kickass english professor who does something noteworthy for urban education - perhaps I will write an autobiography.  Oh - but what would I title it?  There are so many witty things I could think of - but in the case of my life it's best to just get straight to the point:

"Lowered Expectations"

It never fails that each day I'm met with a situation where I have to question another individual's capacity to take in breath let alone hold down a job or operate a motor vehicle.  Call me arrogant - call me elitist - call me a bitch - call me whatever the hell you want, I assure you it's nothing I haven't already heard.  Allow me to point out a wonderful irony in lieu of being called "arrogant and elitist" for highlighting the short-comings of others...

In this United States of America we are, collectively, the most arrogant, swine-brained son-of-a-bitches on the entire planet.  We are a nation comprised of people who believe that their concept of God has somehow decided to bless them over others, and that their overall way of life should be adopted by the rest of the globe - yes, this way of life: false democracy, obesity, sedentary lifestyles, failed educational systems, mental and physical laziness, racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, and die-hard de-regulated capitalism.  So, to the next motherfucker with a flag t-shirt and a 10th grade education who calls me elitist : God Bless America, Dickhead!

In happier news: 

It's breast cancer awareness month and Best Buy employees get to participate by sporting pink polos!

Photobucket
Having lost loved ones to cancer - I am quite passionate about cancer research, fund raising for it, and general support for survivors and their families as well as the families of victims.  Though I give my time in volunteering for this cause - I still advise everyone to do the most charitable thing anyone can do - and that is to love everyone in your life as strong as you can every single day - even if they're egocentric nationalistic brats. ;)

No comments: